iCal will not sync with Exchange work calendar

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:25:07+00:00

Hi

All of a sudden my iCal will not sync with/ show my exchange calendar. The emails are showing up but the calendar isn’t. The iCal is where I manage all my competing priorities personal and work together. I have tried resetting my iPhone/ deleting my email account and reading it/ going from data to wifi / changing the default calendar to my exchange calendar/ updating passwords in my password settings area/ to no avail.

I have downloaded the outlook app and can see my calendar there but it is of course separate from my iCloud personal calendar and I really need to have them on the same app/ location so I don’t overbook or cross book myself.

HELP!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-10T17:23:57+00:00

    I have no" shared calendar" for step 5, so I cannot complete the steps....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T04:21:56+00:00

    I tried the activity monitor workaround, but it doesn't work with the latest macOS. Instead, you'll need to add the calendar as a subscription calendar if it doesn't connect through logging into your Exchange account.

    Steps:

    1: Go to outlook.com (it doesn't work in the application).

    2: Open Outlook.com's Settings (Gear icon in the upper right)

    3: Click "View all Outlook settings"

    4: Click "Calendar"

    5: Click "Shared Calendar"

    6: You should see all of your shared calendars. Under "Publish a Calendar", copy the ICS link.

    7: Open up the iCal app.

    8: Click "File". Then click "New Calendar Subscription..."

    9: Paste your ICS link and subscribe.

    10: Give it a minute, and your Outlook calendar will populate on your iCal.

    You'll have to do this with each of your shared calendars in Outlook. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-14T05:38:03+00:00

    amazing... that worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-23T08:18:46+00:00

    This works!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T15:36:51+00:00

    Thank you so much for this! Force Quitting "exchangesyncd" fixed this issue for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments