iCal will not sync with Exchange work calendar

Anonymous
2024-02-16T07:25:07+00:00

Hi

All of a sudden my iCal will not sync with/ show my exchange calendar. The emails are showing up but the calendar isn’t. The iCal is where I manage all my competing priorities personal and work together. I have tried resetting my iPhone/ deleting my email account and reading it/ going from data to wifi / changing the default calendar to my exchange calendar/ updating passwords in my password settings area/ to no avail.

I have downloaded the outlook app and can see my calendar there but it is of course separate from my iCloud personal calendar and I really need to have them on the same app/ location so I don’t overbook or cross book myself.

HELP!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T04:21:56+00:00

    I tried the activity monitor workaround, but it doesn't work with the latest macOS. Instead, you'll need to add the calendar as a subscription calendar if it doesn't connect through logging into your Exchange account.

    Steps:

    1: Go to outlook.com (it doesn't work in the application).

    2: Open Outlook.com's Settings (Gear icon in the upper right)

    3: Click "View all Outlook settings"

    4: Click "Calendar"

    5: Click "Shared Calendar"

    6: You should see all of your shared calendars. Under "Publish a Calendar", copy the ICS link.

    7: Open up the iCal app.

    8: Click "File". Then click "New Calendar Subscription..."

    9: Paste your ICS link and subscribe.

    10: Give it a minute, and your Outlook calendar will populate on your iCal.

    You'll have to do this with each of your shared calendars in Outlook. Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T08:46:20+00:00

    I have the same exact issues.

    Since updating my Mac OS to Sequoia, the outlook calendar on my mac ical stopped working. Tried removing and adding the account again several times, but nothing changes. Also tried killing 'exchangesyncd', but it didn't work.
    This is extremely frustrating.

    everything is fine instead on my iphone calendar.

    please do something!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T22:58:40+00:00

    I have the same issues. Microsoft support is the worst. You cannot speak to anyone. I cannot access my calendar on iCal. Is there any solutions? So frustrating. There has to be a way to speak to a HUMAN!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T12:55:09+00:00

    Thanks for your reply.

    The account is selected. Funnily enough I have other clan dads shared with me from the same work location exchange and if I check those I can see some of those as well but not mine.

    I have removed the account and re- added it a number of times.

    It really seems to be a syncing or communication issue because yesterday my calendar started sending me some of the invites and then info disappeared again.

    I am not sure how to identify an on premise or online calendar. We run office 365 at work but on my computer I use the downloaded version not the online app to access my calendar and email. We use OneDrive for all docs connected to our accounts.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T11:25:12+00:00

    Dear Trish BW,

    Good day! Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are happy to assist you.

    Based on your description, you're having trouble syncing your Exchange calendar with iCal.

    To better understand and investigate your issue, I may need some more detailed information from your side so that I can narrow down the issue in right way:

    1. Have you tried removing and re-adding your Exchange account in the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars settings on your iPhone?
    2. Please make sure that the calendar is selected to be displayed in iCal. You can do this by going to the Calendars tab in iCal and making sure that the Exchange calendar is checked.
    3. For the mentioned Exchange calendar, would you please let me know if it's an exchange online calendar of M365/O365 or an exchange onpremise one?

    I look forward to your next update for further analysis. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

    Thanks for your precious time. Have a nice day.

    Sincerely,

    Sherry | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments