Outlook (new): How to create a rule to auto-forward emails

Anonymous
2023-10-13T21:53:19+00:00

I recently upgraded to the new Outlook desktop app for Windows. Microsoft Outlook Version 1.2023.1004.400 (Production). Client Version is 20231006004.14.

In the old Outlook 365 I could set up a rule to automatically forward emails based on sender, subject, etc. I don't see how to do this in the new Outlook.

Any suggestions on how this can be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T15:50:41+00:00

    Karl,

    I tried both "Repair" and "Reset." Neither one gave me the extra options that you showed in your screen shot.

    I have uninstalled the new Outlook and have reverted to Outlook from my Microsoft 365 subscription.

    Thanks for your help.

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T00:34:52+00:00

    Just for the sake of accuracy, the "new Outlook" is not a replacement for the Outlook desktop program (part of Office), These are 2 entirely separate things. The "new Outlook" is essentially Outlook on the web in an app framework with the added option to add 3rd party IMAP email accounts. It does not support POP accounts or PST files.

    On your Windows Start menu, you will see two Outlook icons

    • "Outlook" to launch the Outlook desktop program
    • "Outlook new" to launch the "new Outlook" app

    #1 - Can you provide a screenshot of the mail Outlook window you are using and the steps you are following to get to this "settings" page just to confirm that we are referring to the same thing?

    #2 - Also, do you have any accounts currently configured in this "new Outlook". My screenshot is the same version as what you included i n your original post so trying to determine why you have missing options.

    Who is/are the email service provider (ESP) for the configured account(s). The portion of the email address that follows the @ character in the email address (i.e. @yahoo, @gmail @outlook etc). Please do not include the full email address since that will be blocked by the forum so no one will be able to see what you entered.

    I look forward to your response so we can proceed further.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-18T16:26:04+00:00

    I'm having the same problem! Stupid me went with Microsoft 365 when i got a new computer instead of the newest version of Office. I've had nothing but problems with Outlook! Now I can't set any rules. In looking at your pics, I don't have a "rules" option in my view settings. I've gone to the help section and all the help provided is for an older version of Microsoft 365 or outlook. And I have no way of going back to an older version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T00:41:40+00:00

    Devin,

    Glad to see that I am not the only one!

    Thanks.

    Ed

    You are not the only one. I have the exact same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-14T18:34:58+00:00

    Hopefully someone else in the forum is familiar with why you are running into this with your install of the "new Outlook".- I have it installed on 3 different systems (both Win10 & Win11) and all three show the same options

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments