I'm getting a message in New Outlook that says ""Delete copy of migrated data from Legacy Outlook to free up space."

Anonymous
2024-05-07T11:48:36+00:00

It also says, "Migrated data is available in New Outlook and can be accessed in On My Computer".

Is this a legitimate Outlook message?

Outlook | MacOS | Legacy Outlook for Mac | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T16:47:19+00:00

    Hi Karl,

    What process did you go through to restore data when it disappeared when switching to New Outlook? I lost a load of important emails and our computer guy could not find a way of getting them back .

    Hope you see this or perhaps someone else knows.

    Cheers,

    Sandy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T18:33:42+00:00

    There is a folder in the "New" Outlook for Mac named "On My Computer" but it doesn't exist in the Windows version of Outlook. Given O365 (or whatever Microsoft chooses to name it this year) is entirely in the cloud I don't understand why it even exists for the end user. Very confusing. I set up a test MacBook to see how I can respond to my CEO asking for help on the annoying prompt and I do see an option to revert to the legacy Outlook, but I'm running an Office update first and it's been sitting there for a half hour so far, progress indicator at about 10%... hmmm....

    This post may be helpful to some degree: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/folders-on-my-computer/63c44a36-5021-4aec-b873-8441dccef19d

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-18T18:04:23+00:00

    No one knows...it's a secret.

    Jokes apart, I have been looking for clarity since the post began. Reported some observations where it helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T17:17:33+00:00

    Adding to my earlier comments:

    This is what I got after this morning's update:

    https://insider.microsoft365.com/en-us/blog/local-folders-now-available-in-the-new-outlook-for-mac

    Reads great. But here is the funny thing. Even after the alleged update, I still don't see the menu shown:

    File > Import On My Computer Data.

    I think they've lost the plot on what is it exactly they are trying to achieve with these changes...a very simple basic requirement of Export(ing) to save backup copy of messages is still missing. And no one has any clue about what specific data is being talked about.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T11:16:39+00:00

    I'm not sure why creating a new profile would help, and i agree it's disturbing that MS haven't fixed this issue yet.

    I'm resigned to just waiting and hoping they'll resolve it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments