How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T22:40:16+00:00

    I am looking to get the permalink for an email in Outlook. I used to use an app that had a permalink button that would copy the permalink. I am surprised Outlook has not done this yet!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T18:43:07+00:00

    I am looking to get the permalink for an email in Outlook. I used to use an app that had a permalink button that would copy the permalink. I am surprised Outlook has not done this yet!

    Outlook is unable to do it and it assume never will. You can turn your mail into a task and will then find the link to the E-Mail in Microsoft Tasks (I use ToDoist for that). But a simpe right-click on an E-Mail and something like "Get Link" in the context menu (just as OneNote can do it) is unlikely to ever happen.

    The reason for that is that the Outlook Team at Microsoft is far from reality and focuses on "important" features such as joyful animations if the message contains 'Happy Birthday'. I guess, you can't have both and they obviously have their priorities!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:29:23+00:00

    Looks like you cant directly link to an email within outlook directly -- at least not simply.

    Here's a workaround: save the email you want to link to on sharepoint, and then copy the link to that file in sharepoint.

    Paste the link wherever you want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:41:13+00:00

    That's clever!

    But I prefer the follwing way:

    1. Choose the "Send to Onenote" option for the email you want.
    2. Go to the new note that has been created in the Onenote. There, within the new note, you will see the "link to outlook" option.
    3. Put your mouse on that link , press Ctrl +K and get the link you are looking for from the window that will open.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T17:04:44+00:00

    That way is easier but I don't see the "link to outlook" option in the note

    "

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments