How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-23T15:40:54+00:00

    Likely, this feature is copyrighted by Google for their Gmail app, and if Outlook creates this feature, then they infringe on IP. That's why Teams and Outlook are frequently clunky wrt gmail....

    (Heard from someone who worked for years at MSFT on the Teams code...)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-24T08:53:31+00:00

    You can achieve this using MSFT Graph API. Each returned mail object has a webLink property. The value of that returned webLink property is what you need.

    I was able to implement that using Power Automate for my use case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T13:40:22+00:00

    You can achieve this using MSFT Graph API. Each returned mail object has a webLink property. The value of that returned webLink property is what you need.

    I was able to implement that using Power Automate for my use case.

    Hi Arthur,

    Could you talk more about how you achieved this in Power Automate? I am testing out if I can dynamically capture (In an excel or sharepoint) the links for emails sent out during an email blast from Power Automate

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-29T14:44:16+00:00

    My goal was to send an approval request and include a link in the approval details. Reviewers can access the email directly in their web browser by clicking the link in the approval request.

    I achieved this via MSFT Automate.

    1. I used the Send an HTTP request action in Automate
    2. URI is something like https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/{user_email_address}/messages/{email_message_id}
    3. Method is GET
    4. I used the body('Send_an_HTTP_request')?['weblink'] expression to get the weblink for that specific email.

    Couple of things I observed.

    1. For anyone to see the email, anyone should also have at least read permission on that Inbox. You can do this via Outlook web or desktop.
    2. For me {user_email_address} is my service email address, I had to allow members of the on-prem distribution list for which I was building the process read permissions on my Inbox.
    3. At the least I had to convert the distribution list to a mail enabled security group before I could grant them read permission access on Outlook Web

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-14T09:05:57+00:00

    The only solytion I have found to that problem is :

    1. Choose the "Send to Onenote" option for the email you want.
    2. Go to the new note that has been created in the Onenote. There, within the new note, you will see the "link to outlook" option.
    3. Put your mouse on that link , press Ctrl +K and get the link you are looking for from the window that will open.
    4. Then , optially , you can delete the note on the Onenote.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments