How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T08:31:00+00:00

    Thanks to @DerPritz on REDDIT, I found an answer/easy workaround!

    1. Outlook web email > Rightclick your email > Advanced Actions > Create Task
    2. A pane opens on the right. Rightclick the email icon link on your email > Open in To Do
    3. Another pane opens next to the previous one > Rightclick the Outlook icon Open link > Copy Link Address and paste it anywhere and that specifice email will open up!

    Now this will create a task in your Microsoft To Do everytime, but its fine for me because I dont use To Do.

    This option works perfectly fine. Thank you for sharing it.

    I find Outlook Web is a half baked version of Gmail in many ways (getting URL, embed emails in other tools...)
    They really need to bring the level up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-14T15:58:25+00:00

    This seems to have worked for me as well. Thank you 🙏

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments