How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T07:47:28+00:00

    Dear Greg Esteban,

    Good morning!

    Thanks for posting in the Microsoft Community. We're happy to help. We're looking into your situation and will update you soon.

    Please appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for your time and cooperation.

    Sincerely

    Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T16:31:11+00:00

    Hi Greg Esteban,

    Good day.

    Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist.

    To generate a link to a specific email in Outlook Web App (OWA),

    This is done through the Microsoft Outlook API which leverages MS Graph API.
    So if you are looking to do anything like that, I suggest looking into 
    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/outlook-mail-concept-overview

    Essentially, when you open an email in Outlook Web, the link about is the direct link to the email. Also, MS Graph gives you this if you pull it.

    If you want to create a hyperlink to the email, you can use the Insert Hyperlink option in your email editor. Here’s how:

    Open a new email message.

    Highlight the text you want to turn into a hyperlink.

    Click on the Insert Hyperlink icon in the email editor.

    In the Link to the field, paste the link you copied earlier.

    Click OK to create the hyperlink.

    Should you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. Look forward to hearing from you.

    Please understand that our initial response may not always resolve the issue immediately. However, with your help and more detailed information, we can work together to find a solution.

    Best Regards,

    Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-05T21:57:34+00:00

    Can you dumb this down for me? That link looks like it requires some degree of technical skill (something I don't have). Is there a simple solution for non-technical users?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-23T16:55:01+00:00

    I think Eleni Constantinou has the question confused...maybe?

    @Greg Esteban, please forgive me if that is not your question and spamming your post!

    I need to create a link TO an existing email that I is in my inbox. I DO NOT want to create hyperlink in an email. I already know how to do that.

    I want to create a link that points to the email and paste into my project mgmt. program so I can easily reference that specific email.

    In Gmail as long as you have the Reading Pane settings on No split, you just copy the URL, paste it anywhere, and you view that email page anytime.

    Currently, when I try that in Outlook, I get a page that shows my entire inbox, not the specific email that I want to see.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-25T16:43:01+00:00

    I also am looking for a way to get a link to a specific email. I would prefer to use the Outlook desktop app but an willing to use Outlook for the web.
    Here is my scenario:

    I want to be able to paste a link to a specific email in Microsoft Project, Microsoft Planner or OneNote. I don't want to have to save my email as a file and put it as an attachment. I want to be able to open the specific email when I click the link in Project, Planner, OneNote or any other program and be able to respond to the email and to see any associated emails.

    This should be very easy to do. There must be a way to link to a specific email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments