Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook on the web for business
I am glad this works, but it is way too many steps. It should be a toolbar item or a right click option to copy email URL.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?
Sending, receiving, and organizing email in Outlook on the web for business
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am glad this works, but it is way too many steps. It should be a toolbar item or a right click option to copy email URL.
The only solytion I have found to that problem is :
- Choose the "Send to Onenote" option for the email you want.
- Go to the new note that has been created in the Onenote. There, within the new note, you will see the "link to outlook" option.
- Put your mouse on that link , press Ctrl +K and get the link you are looking for from the window that will open.
- Then , optially , you can delete the note on the Onenote.
Thanks, that works! It does interact with Outlook online, but that works ok for me. Better than nothing.
Tom
The only solytion I have found to that problem is :
My goal was to send an approval request and include a link in the approval details. Reviewers can access the email directly in their web browser by clicking the link in the approval request.
I achieved this via MSFT Automate.
Send an HTTP request action in Automatebody('Send_an_HTTP_request')?['weblink'] expression to get the weblink for that specific email.Couple of things I observed.
You can achieve this using MSFT Graph API. Each returned mail object has a webLink property. The value of that returned webLink property is what you need.
I was able to implement that using Power Automate for my use case.
Hi Arthur,
Could you talk more about how you achieved this in Power Automate? I am testing out if I can dynamically capture (In an excel or sharepoint) the links for emails sent out during an email blast from Power Automate