How can I generate a link to a specific email?

Anonymous
2024-02-05T02:36:04+00:00

How can I generate a hyperlink to a specific email?

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-17T07:27:49+00:00

    I also found what is to me a fairly easy way (while I still think there should be a native way to do it).
    I create a task from the e-mail. This task contains a deep link to the e-mail. Then delete the task if desired.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T07:06:12+00:00

    No, that is it correct. Onenote method works also using the desktop outlook app. At list the new outlook that I use.

    Second method also works, but is a bit more complicated in my opinion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-12T01:17:02+00:00

    Thanks - note that you have to send to OneNote from Outlook for Web. If you send from Outlook desktop that link does not appear.

    As long as you are working from Outlook Web, another option is

    1. Flag the email
    2. In to Do/Flagged Email click on the subject of the email
    3. On the right hand side of screen, Right click open and copy link

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T08:41:15+00:00

    After you have sent the email to onenote, go to onenote (to the exact location where the new note, which contains the email , has been created) and at the beggining of that note there is a table with information of the email (subject, sender etc. ). There is the option "link to outlook" (in the second line of the table.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-09T08:29:29+00:00

    Thanks for this. I can't see the "Link to Outlook" option. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

    Best wishes

    Graham

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments