Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T16:48:43+00:00

    Ya I decided to still go with Gmail till they fix it. I'll still check the outlook for things I've signed up for recently and disconnected the forwarding of Gmail to outlook. I won't put up with it. This basically allows them to see the emails you're receiving and that's none of their business. They say our privacy is their main concern but then they do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T17:47:53+00:00

    I'm happy you found YOUR solution, like GOOGLE isn't reading any ones emails, LOL! Go to Amazon on Chrome and look at underwear for a few pages and next day all your ad's are underwear related, lol. It's everywhere and I haven't found a solution. I feel better using Firefox or Brave than Edge or Chrome BUT it's probably more psychological that any real difference. I do find it comforting using Ad Blockers to kill tracking cookies but if you really are worried about Microsoft reading your mail you should probably be using an encrypted email provider like Proton.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T18:10:13+00:00

    Well at least I don't have to deal with that as ad over 10x a day

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T22:49:24+00:00

    You're right. Every time you log in it comes back. I said tomorrow because I only log in once a day. I just ignore it as an ad banner above my emails. I'm kinda liking it now. Sort of frames in my emails.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments