Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T05:23:56+00:00

    OK, I see a delete icon next to it now with the Ad symbol and deleted. Do not want these ADs

    You can delete it all you want. It's coming back tomorrow. Day in and day out. It's not an ad but an untouchable email hacked into their own product until you spend a little cash. I leave it sitting there like a small banner above my emails. It must be producing results for them to nag this long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T19:42:39+00:00

    You've doubled down on your useless advice, and repeated a suggestion that a) other people don't have as a settings option, and b) doesn't turn off ads anyway!

    Stopping spamming this topic with nonsense, you're wasting people's time on purpose and only frustrating anyone that bothers to listen to your incorrect advice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-17T00:09:47+00:00

    It appears that you have a different set of options. I do not have what you have shown. I am using firefox and connecting to outlook from the web: https://outlook.live.com/mail This is what I get:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T19:49:02+00:00

    useing chrome and the extensions for chrome called Ublocker i managed to sort this

    Dont kow if this helps anyone else but it worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-20T13:12:08+00:00

    There is no 'block ad'

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments