Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T07:50:37+00:00

    So you've gone to the trouble in an attempt to gaslight someone who's rightly frustrated with Microsoft's new advertising system, but given advice that is completely useless and ineffective.

    Your instructions: Settings/General/Ad Preferences does not apply as a) There is no "Ad Preferences" under General, and b) Ad Preferences do not apply to Microsoft specific advertising (the very reason this post was made in the first place).

    If you're going to be needlessly rude and over confident, at least offer a solution while you are doing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T08:08:21+00:00

    Hear you are. And stop venting your unhealthy emotions on behalf somebody else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T18:39:37+00:00

    Pretty slick hack, eh? You delete it and then it comes back with all your message handling disabled. No law from someone hacking their own product I guess. Only thing is, nags sour perception of the company. I still haven't got over the Windows 10 nags. Because of that nag, I refused it even when it was free. Do they think nags will make people spend money? The only solution for me is to leave it unopened. The hackers haven't decided to duplicate it every day. So it sits there.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-29T11:22:06+00:00

    So you've gone to the trouble in an attempt to gaslight someone who's rightly frustrated with Microsoft's new advertising system, but given advice that is completely useless and ineffective.

    Your instructions: Settings/General/Ad Preferences does not apply as a) There is no "Ad Preferences" under General, and b) Ad Preferences do not apply to Microsoft specific advertising (the very reason this post was made in the first place).

    If you're going to be needlessly rude and over confident, at least offer a solution while you are doing it.

    I wasted time trying this useless suggestion. I have reported his post as abuse

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-06T18:09:00+00:00

    Nice try, but no.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments