Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-12T17:10:30+00:00

    Same garbage ad EVERY time I open my inbox. The only way around it is to never close your inbox...pretty lame of Microspam to do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-17T11:25:45+00:00

    Tad unfair tbh, this is ms showing us how it can move the goal posts with impunity spam of upgrade outlook , despite delete it returns

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-17T12:42:50+00:00

    Yeah, much as I HATE gmail it looks even better now. I might just use Proton email and delete my Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-26T21:55:30+00:00

    I'm right there with all of you. Spam filter turned on--no effect. Created a rule to send it to Spam--no effect. Add blocker installed--no effect.

    I've had my Hotmail account for almost 20 years. Congratulations Microsoft--yep I'll "upgrade"...to Gmail! Thanks for making the decision much easier.

    Hope the "genius" who came up with this militant spam marketing idea gets demoted to the snail-mail room!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T05:29:35+00:00

    Instead of solemn declarations could you please go to Settings -> General -> Ads Preferences, change the layout how ads are displayed and switch on the ads' right panel - that's the way the ads were shown for at least 10 years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments