Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-21T15:01:27+00:00

    I hate this stupid SPAM.

    Shame on you Microsoft.

    It just pushes me to Gmail more and more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-07T12:15:51+00:00

    added ublock origin to firefox and got rid of it :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-09T19:07:02+00:00

    I've found that simply ignoring the ad was the best course of action for me. If I delete it, it just comes right back. If I leave it in my inbox it doesn't replicate itself, but it doesn't go away either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-09T19:44:38+00:00

    I had decided myself to live with this email as you have until someone suggested uBlock Origin.That's what to use. Fantastic add-on. I took that zapper tool and zapped that email months ago. Also zapped that small ad on the lower left. While not annoying, what the heck I had the tool. Nailed that full panel on the right too. Works great on other sites I visit like IMDB. Zapped that massive full page ad they throw at you so now the site looks like it did years ago. So much fun to zap.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-15T18:22:19+00:00

    I don't see Ads Preferences

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments