Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
This is no a spam. This is an advert. Check the forum - there are a least 2 threads concerning the similar issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.
About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml. But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.
So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This is no a spam. This is an advert. Check the forum - there are a least 2 threads concerning the similar issue.
I have read the threads, they are zero help. Plus, I have an ad blocker, which is otherwise quite effective and which Outlook recognizes and wants me to replace with Ad-Free Outlook for a price. Hope someone else can tell me how to junk these emails which are blank (clearly not legitimate ads, if they have no content).
This is spam. It is unwanted. I have the same problem as the original poster. Also the message simply says "upgrade your account". That is coercive language. Microsoft. I'm not interested. I will not upgrade my account. And the answer will always be "no".
I agree with this guy, I've used my email for over 20 years and never had the need to upgrade but now all of a sudden Microsoft thinks it is a great idea. If anything it is an annoyance.
This seems to be spam from Microsoft to try and get you to use Microsoft 365. They seem to have no provision to block their own spam. Yes it is annoying having to delete them, seems they want people to switch to Apple products or go to gmail or some other email provider except theirs. I too have been a user of hotmail since it started. Their marketing people are driving people away from Microsoft services.