Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T16:22:56+00:00

    i finally figured out how to just live with it, like covid, lol. I changed from Edge to Firefox and use AdBlocker Ultimate (even if it is Ultimate its still free), The Outlook webmail page still leaves a white block where the ad is, so it is still there and does exist but after a while you don't notice it. Its just an empty space above the "real" emails in the Inbox. I can live with it, and of course the " Looks like you're using an AdBlocker" **** about upgrading is still there on the right side but I have been living with that forever. Sure beats seeing a bunch of "AD's flashing for your attention, lol.

    PS: You know if Office 365 wasn't a yearly subscription and I could send them 29.95 as a one time fee I would probably do it bur seriously who's gonna sign up for $69.99 a year? My money is too precious for that ****.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:42:54+00:00

    What do you mean tomorrow? It comes back several times every day

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:40:58+00:00

    It will not help with this ad. I don't know how they're doing it but it by passes all ad blockers and preferences

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:39:50+00:00

    It does no good to delete it as it'll come back. I've had as many as 10 of these in 1 day. Am in the process of changing everything I have live.com as an email addy to Gmail right now. Support wanted to try and create a rule to auto delete it but I told them you have to be able to right click on it to get to that. So they're useless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-23T15:01:38+00:00

    There are Ad preferences under General.

    Ad is an abbreviation of the word 'Advertising'.

    It is one of the last options on the list.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments