Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-08-18T12:39:17+00:00

    Yep, email notifications make it look like new posts are directed to you. Typical. Title says, "You have a reply to a question" followed by, "that you are following" in small text. All they have to do is say, "There is a new reply to this thread ..." But there's not much chance of seeing anything that makes sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-18T06:56:39+00:00

    He's replied to Grzegorz Wiktorowski's post, not yours. You can't see that unless you come back into the thread to see it (only shows a summary in the email notification sent to you). I thought he was replying to me too, until I saw within the thread who he's actually replying to. Just so you know :).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-08-17T17:47:46+00:00

    I don't see where I berated anyone. Free or not they shouldn't be allowed to invade or inbox!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-17T16:57:21+00:00

    Instead of berating posters who resent having an undeletable ad appear at the top of their inbox every single time they open up Outlook, try to understand that for desktops and free Outlook there is no "Ads" setting option under the "General" tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments