Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I don't see Ads Preferences
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.
About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml. But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.
So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I don't see Ads Preferences
I had decided myself to live with this email as you have until someone suggested uBlock Origin.That's what to use. Fantastic add-on. I took that zapper tool and zapped that email months ago. Also zapped that small ad on the lower left. While not annoying, what the heck I had the tool. Nailed that full panel on the right too. Works great on other sites I visit like IMDB. Zapped that massive full page ad they throw at you so now the site looks like it did years ago. So much fun to zap.
I've found that simply ignoring the ad was the best course of action for me. If I delete it, it just comes right back. If I leave it in my inbox it doesn't replicate itself, but it doesn't go away either.
added ublock origin to firefox and got rid of it :)
I hate this stupid SPAM.
Shame on you Microsoft.
It just pushes me to Gmail more and more.