Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
There are Ad preferences under General.
Ad is an abbreviation of the word 'Advertising'.
It is one of the last options on the list.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.
About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml. But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.
So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
There are Ad preferences under General.
Ad is an abbreviation of the word 'Advertising'.
It is one of the last options on the list.
useing chrome and the extensions for chrome called Ublocker i managed to sort this
Dont kow if this helps anyone else but it worked for me
It appears that you have a different set of options. I do not have what you have shown. I am using firefox and connecting to outlook from the web:
https://outlook.live.com/mail This is what I get:
I agree, how do we get rid of this Upgrade Your Account email or AD?
I just checked - "Advertising Preferences" page is still there. Is your account a paid Premium Microsoft 365 account or a free Outlook.com account? Mine is the latter.