Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T19:42:39+00:00

    You've doubled down on your useless advice, and repeated a suggestion that a) other people don't have as a settings option, and b) doesn't turn off ads anyway!

    Stopping spamming this topic with nonsense, you're wasting people's time on purpose and only frustrating anyone that bothers to listen to your incorrect advice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T00:44:45+00:00

    I guess they removed Ad Preferences since it's no longer there

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T08:08:21+00:00

    Hear you are. And stop venting your unhealthy emotions on behalf somebody else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-15T18:13:51+00:00

    OK, I see a delete icon next to it now with the Ad symbol and deleted. Do not want these ADs

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-05-14T18:31:35+00:00

    This is no a spam. This is an advert. Check the forum - there are a least 2 threads concerning the similar issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments