Microsoft Outlook Upgrade Your Account Emails that Cannot Be Sent to Junk

Anonymous
2022-05-14T18:28:15+00:00

In the past week or so, I have been getting emails with the subject Microsoft Outlook Upgrade that are mostly blank if I open them. While I have the option to delete them, all of the Archive, Junk, Block Sender, Move To etc. options disappear. I also cannot find any of these options if I open the email and right-click on it. Furthermore, when I delete the emails (4 so far today), they do not show up in the Trash folder. All of the email handling options show up for all the other emails in my account.

About the only thing I can do is right-click and View Page Source or Inspect. When I do that, it shows that the source is www.w3.org/1999/xhtml.  But I cannot add this to my blocked sender list because I get an error message that says it is an incorrectly formatted email address.

So can someone please tell me how to junk these annoying emails (which occasionally also tell me that they are new kind of ad).

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-05-14T19:05:41+00:00

    I have read the threads, they are zero help. Plus, I have an ad blocker, which is otherwise quite effective and which Outlook recognizes and wants me to replace with Ad-Free Outlook for a price. Hope someone else can tell me how to junk these emails which are blank (clearly not legitimate ads, if they have no content).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-12T17:10:30+00:00

    Same garbage ad EVERY time I open my inbox. The only way around it is to never close your inbox...pretty lame of Microspam to do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-16T05:23:56+00:00

    OK, I see a delete icon next to it now with the Ad symbol and deleted. Do not want these ADs

    You can delete it all you want. It's coming back tomorrow. Day in and day out. It's not an ad but an untouchable email hacked into their own product until you spend a little cash. I leave it sitting there like a small banner above my emails. It must be producing results for them to nag this long.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T19:05:05+00:00

    Why is everyone trying to treat this nag as an ad? It is an email. No amount of ad control will affect the display of an email. Even if you could turn off all advertising, this nag will still show up. It has to be treated as an email. Now, while there are ways to deal with annoying emails, this one is totally immune from all email control. If it can't be handled as an ad and it can't be handled as an email, I see no other way to deal with it other than to leave it there unopened. And just like companies hounding me daily with junk email, I refuse to ever spend a dime on them. Again, do nags ever produce more sales than an occasional notification?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-27T05:29:35+00:00

    Instead of solemn declarations could you please go to Settings -> General -> Ads Preferences, change the layout how ads are displayed and switch on the ads' right panel - that's the way the ads were shown for at least 10 years.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments