Drag and Drop in new Outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-05T13:24:13+00:00

Hi,

We are currently Testing the new Outlook and i got some Questions about drag and drop of Mails to desktop as of now, its not possible.

The way we do it now is klick on the 3 dots and download the message.

The Download popup shows up from where we can drag and drop the msg into the Explorer or Desktop.

Is this going to stay?

if yes, what is the best Practice process to save Mails quickly from Outlook into Teams/Sharepoint filestructure?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T22:09:03+00:00

    As a business professional, the ability to drag a message from outlook onto desktop is the fastest approach. It's not clear to me why the new outlook requires you to take more steps to download a copy?

    My request would be for the click and drag to be reinstated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-20T06:58:06+00:00

    Another great feature lost. This new Outlook is truly the crappest downgrade ever created by Microsoft. How can you possibly be going backwards. I must have drag and drop - use it all the time.

    Plus, please improve background reading pane colour. I want dark theme, but with black on grey in the reading pane. And please bolden new messages from read messages in dark theme - they all look the same.

    Also, under storage, I don't want to just delete 6Gb of conflict emails - I want to understand why they are conflict emails first.

    Also, I can't scroll in Calendar! ****

    I'm going back to old Outlook, and pray that you can keep it going forever

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T19:52:51+00:00

    I for one would love to be able to drag/drop emails from my inbox into a new email I have started! Its frustrating and archaic to have to download and re-upload the email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T19:52:44+00:00

    I for one would love to be able to drag/drop emails from my inbox into a new email I have started! Its frustrating and archaic to have to download and re-upload the email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T10:31:38+00:00

    Not sure why it took so long to have this included and was not even in their MVP !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments