Drag and Drop in new Outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-05T13:24:13+00:00

Hi,

We are currently Testing the new Outlook and i got some Questions about drag and drop of Mails to desktop as of now, its not possible.

The way we do it now is klick on the 3 dots and download the message.

The Download popup shows up from where we can drag and drop the msg into the Explorer or Desktop.

Is this going to stay?

if yes, what is the best Practice process to save Mails quickly from Outlook into Teams/Sharepoint filestructure?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T20:21:22+00:00

    This is 2024, and this function is not in this new outlook. What is really new? just the look?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T05:52:09+00:00

    Come on ! I think this is one of the most used features !!! And that too Daily , we need to get this at the earliest ! I wonder who would not want this !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T20:34:23+00:00

    Same problem here. I regularly drag and drop an email into another email or meeting invitation to get someone up to speed on a topic. I can do a 'save as' of the email to a local folder then drag that in, but this is a big inconvenience from the old Outlook method

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T17:44:29+00:00

    I frequently do that also. This drag and drop functionality is one of the main reasons that I prefer Outlook over other email programs. If that functionality is never added to new Outlook (and we're eventually forced to use new Outlook), I'll have to look for an alternative, even if it means buying it myself for work use. Not having that functionality is a huge problem for me and a deal breaker.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T16:02:22+00:00

    Hi

    This has been an ongoing request, and I think the developers at this point have had quite a few people request it. I know I have.

    so has this now been added to the roadmap? or have the developers not had as many requests as i'm assuming?

    Kind regards,

    Ben

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments