Drag and Drop in new Outlook

Anonymous
2023-05-05T13:24:13+00:00

Hi,

We are currently Testing the new Outlook and i got some Questions about drag and drop of Mails to desktop as of now, its not possible.

The way we do it now is klick on the 3 dots and download the message.

The Download popup shows up from where we can drag and drop the msg into the Explorer or Desktop.

Is this going to stay?

if yes, what is the best Practice process to save Mails quickly from Outlook into Teams/Sharepoint filestructure?

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-27T21:12:10+00:00

    Ditto. Back to the old outlook I guess. Please add.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T05:38:15+00:00

    Hi ReynaldoB

    Please, this was not the Question.

    I absolute know its due to the Beta Preview, but i want to know if this is intended or if its going to be added later.

    If this is an intended behaviour (i hope not) we have to rethink our Processes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-08T05:45:22+00:00

    Microsoft Outlook-Version 1.2023.425.600 (Production). Clientversion 20230421002.17 . Yes, i try to drag an Email from Outlook to my Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Desktop

    The mouse Icon goes into a red crossed Circle

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-09T23:06:43+00:00

    I'm also having a similar issue with dragging and dropping messages. I use this feature to save important emails to my ClickUp software so I can save myself from searching them up later.

    This is an important function that needs to be included

    I agree with this comment. It is an essential feature. New Outlook is unusable for me without it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-22T00:37:48+00:00

    Same Here... No drag'n'drop functionality.

    Will this be included in the Full build?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments