Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Thank you, Don. Yes, that account, or e-mail address is used elsewhere. As I have time to put into this, I may gradually migrate my other uses to another account. I see no benefit in seeing an account but not being able to use it. It seems that Microsoft is fading live.com accounts anyway as I have not been able to find a way to create a new account on live.com.
This much entanglement of accounts is not healthy in my opinion. The only benefit may be to Microsoft as it ensnares users in sneaky ways. My opinion of Microsoft has come down quite a bit in the last year or so, this mixup they caused being one of the reasons. Now, if that does not make Microsoft shake in its boots I don't know what will!!
I feel taken advantage of. That is not a good feeling.
> I see no benefit in seeing an account but not being able to use it
Your Microsoft account is still there and usable. Please read the article I posted a link to.
This will take some time, but you should contact people with whom you exchange email and tell them to use another address, that the @live address is dead.
You should also go to websites that have the @live address for your contact info to change that address.
Don