Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
I'll be happy to see Microsoft's service become better, so that this kind of problem will not happen again.
Feel free to post back if you have any other concern.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I could not find a more direct forum than Outlook to ask this question, if it is not the right forum my apologies.
I received an e-mail alert that indicated unusual activity detected on my live.com account. When I checked the recent activity, I found two IP numbers. One matched my external IP and the other did not. I changed my password right away and checked the activity again. To my surprise, the other IP and its variants were appearing along with my external IP number at the same intervals.
I tried to find the IP number roots and ironically, it pointed at Microsoft. I am really confused! Can someone explain the source of this IP and whether I need to do anything to stop it from occurring.? I use Edge browser and I log in with my account. When it syncs, does it use a separate IP from my IP number?
Thank you,
Cemal
Note: I am not using the Outlook mail client. I check my mail using two different mail clients on two different computers at the same location that share the same external IP number. On occasion, I check my live.com e-mail online using a Web browser.
Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'll be happy to see Microsoft's service become better, so that this kind of problem will not happen again.
Feel free to post back if you have any other concern.
One very important piece of information is missing. If you delete your live.com alias, you CANNOT BRING IT BACK!
Think about it. What good is a live.com e-mail address if it cannot send or receive e-mails? For all intents and purposes, it is the equivalent of deleting your account without deleting it. Also very difficult to comprehend why I cannot delete the live.com address and keep the hotmaill.com one.. Essentially, the Microsoft e-mail systems seem to be a pool of aliases that are internally and inextricably linked to one another. And, I bet 95% of the users are unaware of this.
I will try to provide feedback at the link you provided. My comments are directed to Microsoft, I hope you do not take anything personally. I appreciate every reply I get from the moderators and other users.
When you remove the alias, Microsoft does have a reminder:
Manage how you sign in to Microsoft (live.com)
If you have a better idea about this, go to Microsoft account | Your profile, select Feedback on the bottom of the page to submit your suggestion
Thank you, Don, for the information on MS Outlook. And, I managed to change my e-mail address yesterday. But, my live.com address is gone and I don't think there is live.com anymore anyway. Oh, well!
.From another post...
Since I can no longer receive e-mails at live.com address, I will come here periodically and check to see if there is a reply.
Click on EkinRI to access your Microsoft Community profile, click on Edit profile and change the email address.
Don