Live.com login activity and a warning "Unusual activity detected"

Anonymous
2022-07-10T21:32:50+00:00

I could not find a more direct forum than Outlook to ask this question, if it is not the right forum my apologies.

I received an e-mail alert that indicated unusual activity detected on my live.com account. When I checked the recent activity, I found two IP numbers. One matched my external IP and the other did not. I changed my password right away and checked the activity again. To my surprise, the other IP and its variants were appearing along with my external IP number at the same intervals.

I tried to find the IP number roots and ironically, it pointed at Microsoft. I am really confused! Can someone explain the source of this IP and whether I need to do anything to stop it from occurring.? I use Edge browser and I log in with my account. When it syncs, does it use a separate IP from my IP number?

Thank you,

Cemal

Note: I am not using the Outlook mail client. I check my mail using two different mail clients on two different computers at the same location that share the same external IP number. On occasion, I check my live.com e-mail online using a Web browser.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-26T23:07:38+00:00

    Not a problem with someone sending an e-mail to that live.com address. I have already created a new Skype account. And will take time to find where I might have used that address as a secondary e-mail to recover from a lost password or other similar problems. That will be difficult and will be resolved slowly as I do not have a list where I used that e-mail address.

    Let this be a lesson to me. I tried to help Microsoft with their unusual activity problem and shot myself in the foot! Not very smart on my part.

    I will revisit the page you linked although I think I have been there several times already. Thank you for your patience and help.

    Cemal

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments