Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-03T10:35:04+00:00

    @ M_1399 - Yes correct, it appears that the Select All button is hidden until you at least click a single email then the Select All button appears and allows you to Select All.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-08T18:33:57+00:00

    TOM R3 - Issue Resolved! Thank you so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-08T23:09:01+00:00

    And now I Thank You, I'm glad it worked for you and many others.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-06T06:29:26+00:00

    None of the suggestions on how to get settings, and others for select all have worked for me. It does seem to matter which way you Open Outlook.

    eg. using the outlook icon in Win10 Pro Edge new tab - hubs is automatically logged in first by password manager. His emails work fine with the side pane visible, and select all option available.

    then when switching to my hotmail account I get the **** version that I can do nothing with except open & delete one message at time, and can't get a fixed display of the folders.

    However if i copy the addy from password manager

    https://outlook.live.com/

    I get the select boxes/circles, but then have to fight to toggle the other folders/inbox display. One minute clicking on the bars under Home works to display them (if not selected properly the thing disappears again) yet another visit shortly after, as I test, one click toggles the same display to hold

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-06T20:27:03+00:00

    I would like to somehow try to help you, but I don't know what your asking? There is a lot going on in your post. I don't know what browser your using and my email URL to my Outlook.com is quite different than yours so I don't know why?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments