Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T18:29:46+00:00

    Hi all, I discovered something that works for me in settings for my Outlook.com (old Hotmail, and not the app) where I don't think everybody in this thread has the same questions and problems that a few of us are asking.

    Open Outlook.com > click on gear (settings) > click on View All Settings > click on Mail > Click on Layout > find Sender Image > click on Show Sender Image > now I have click boxes in front of all my emails with the letters of the names of the people and their sent emails to me. Hopefully this works for everyone, and Thanks for taking the time to post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-02T17:07:12+00:00

    Who's idea was it to do this? Can we have a couple hour long meetings to discuss the absolute ignorance involved on making SELECTING EMAILS harder? Fire these designers/developers

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-24T22:13:20+00:00

    There are two users on my/this computer, one has the select boxes in front of the emails and the other doesn't - So is there a setting that I'm missing? Why would anyone think this is beneficial not to have the select button in front of the email your about to read? Thank You LeeRelph for supplying the snip.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-22T20:00:51+00:00

    Definitely an AI response to the question. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T22:28:57+00:00

    Probably not. Seems to be more of a self help forum. I would guess the best we could get is a "I'll pass it up the chain" kind of response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments