Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T15:26:26+00:00

    I have the same question also

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-08T13:30:50+00:00

    Thanks. Mine disappeared in the last week or so. If it's relevant, I'm in Australia

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-06T22:56:44+00:00

    Yes, Yes, Yes, now it seems to be back to square one, it was what I and quite a MANY people were complaining about and apparently you gave it to us on a temp basis - it was better again/what we wanted better and then all of a sudden you became stupid AGAIN and changed it/Took it away???

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T17:09:29+00:00

    I cannot fathom the thought process that went behind this change. It seriously slows me down and makes managing my email so much harder, unnecessarily.

    Please, Microsoft, can we reintroduce a common standard UI feature that has worked just fine for decades and not hide it behind a secondary unnecessary click? There is absolutely zero reason for this change - it's not even like you got the option off the screen entirely by hiding it, because now there's a button that looks almost the same to redisplay the option itself. Really, this is just silly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T16:59:53+00:00

    THANK YOU.

    You are 100% Correct

    These people at Microsoft are truly BRAIN SURGEONS.

    More pointless clicking is now involved.

    They are making it hard for me to select and delete email junk/trash

    Maybe they like junk mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments