Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-01T01:13:12+00:00

    I have the same problem. If you look to the top right of the screen, there is a button that says select. You now have to click on that, then the select all button appears next to the delete button.

    Absolutely infuriating that what was once a single click to select all, is now a two step process.

    Microsoft - this is a bad change. It complicates the process. Please change it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-29T08:33:47+00:00

    instead of reducing keyboard and mouse clicks only Microsoft muppets can add complexity where none existed before.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T16:59:53+00:00

    THANK YOU.

    You are 100% Correct

    These people at Microsoft are truly BRAIN SURGEONS.

    More pointless clicking is now involved.

    They are making it hard for me to select and delete email junk/trash

    Maybe they like junk mail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T16:42:23+00:00

    and the dummies have recently done it again.... with no visible method of making it stay visible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T16:53:34+00:00

    Ha! Excellent analysis! Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments