Why is my select all button missing?

Anonymous
2023-04-05T16:35:54+00:00

My select button is missing from my main outlook email. I am confused as to why it's no longer there as it is available for use on my other emails. I do not wish to switch to the desktop app or switch emails. I am aware that CTRL A/Shft + Click are options but I would like to have the functionality of just clicking to select multiple without the need of the keyboard. I have looked through all the settings I can find and even made a new account (this one) to see if there are any settings that differ that could've caused it, Unfortunately I found nothing helpful. I welcome any and all suggestions, relogging has also proved ineffective as well as removing all options from my toolbar and resetting it.

This tick icon is the one in question that has vanished.

Outlook | Web | Outlook on the web for business | Email

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-07T07:32:36+00:00

    For reasons that baffle me, the brain surgeons at Outlook have made it a separate button instead of leaving it as a standard feature. I guess someone was bored one day and decided to mess about with the set up to look like they were working.

    Anyway, it's on the right hand side of the panel, so now you have to perform a pointless extra click to do what should be a straightforward act.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-06T23:03:40+00:00

    Microsoft, in their infinite dumbness, hid the button until after you select (check the box next to) at least one message.

    Dumbness personified.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-17T15:52:54+00:00

    It's insane. I believe the programmers are 'gamers' and want to gamefy everything for some reason. If they were in charge of designing a home, they'd hide the doorknobs until you did something to make them appear. It seems everything they touch amounts to making 'productivity' an oxymoron. I'd like to hide them in some dark hole.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-13T14:55:54+00:00

    Microsoft if making things take extra steps - the "select" button in on the top right and you have to click it EVERY TIME YOU GET IN. This is BS but typical of Microsoft. I hate this company

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-07T13:51:55+00:00

    Thank you for the thoughtful reply! I'd looked all over the screen, but missed that one. I notice that with this new "feature", you also need to re-enable it every time you switch folders. Perhaps come committee had too much time on their hands.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments