Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
Hi Jim, when you add an Exchange account there is a button with Manual Setting, if you click on that you should see the fields to enter the info manually.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I noticed a few days ago my Outlook calendar was no longer syncing on my phone. In the Outlook app I went into settings, selected my account and noticed 'Sync calendars' was off. I turned it back on and syncing resumed. However, that setting keeps getting turned off on its own, I can't keep calendar syncing enabled!
Using Outlook for Android for personal email and calendar management
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Jim, when you add an Exchange account there is a button with Manual Setting, if you click on that you should see the fields to enter the info manually.
I had the same issue, also for a few months, and finally spent more time looking into it. And I was just able to make my Outlook calendar visible into the Android Calendar app again!
I removed the Outlook (personal email + pro) & Exchange accounts (pro) from the connected accounts, in the Android settings. There was not a "calendar sync" option anymore - this tick box that doesn't save its state for some of you.
And the funny thing is that... I didn't add these accounts back. Because I had a look into the Outlook app - and my emails were still connected?!
What I did next which fixed it for me:
My assumption is that somehow Microsoft went away from the Android 'system' accounts to manage accounts straight into the Outlook app - including the sync option ❓❓❓ But no matter what really happened: that worked for me 🥳 I have no idea whether that would work if I had re-added the accounts into the Android system settings.
I hope that this will help some of you, let us know 🤞
Finally!
It worked! I can now see the calendar entries in Android Calendar App.
So... we leave the "Sync calendar" option off.. and it still syncs!?
Well, if this is not a bug this is misleading to say the least
Is this supposed to work this way?
I think I have found the issue. This worked for my Samsung S20. In Outlook on phone, go to settings. Then scroll down to Calendar. Then hit Default calendar. Choose box marked calendar instead of untitled. It will not let me do more than one calendar at a time. Testing this method, it seems events typed into my android calendar now show up on my computer outlook and my computer outlook shows up on my android calendar. This is also working from my outlook on android to android calendar and desk top outlook. It is not instant, takes about 3 minutes, but its working somehow. Took me 3 months to find this and none of the Microsoft techs ever figured it out.
I also had a problem using Outlook Calendar on my Samsung 20 Ultra phone so I switched to Google Calendar. Now I have received a message from the Outlook team that I must NOT use another calendar with Outlook for security reasons. I do not believe Google is not using a security system robust enough for Microsoft. I think Microsoft does not want competition.