Can no longer sync Outlook calendar on Android

Anonymous
2023-03-28T16:23:24+00:00

I noticed a few days ago my Outlook calendar was no longer syncing on my phone. In the Outlook app I went into settings, selected my account and noticed 'Sync calendars' was off. I turned it back on and syncing resumed. However, that setting keeps getting turned off on its own, I can't keep calendar syncing enabled!

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-19T00:40:40+00:00

    Same sync problem here. Mine is an S22. Driving me crazy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-18T13:18:19+00:00

    I also have an s22 and experiencing the same issue. Multiple times a day I'm going in and re-syncing my calendars. Very heavy impact on my job since I'm a project manager and need to be up-to-date on my meetings. Plus I have a third-party software that interacts with my Google calendar by sending me alerts that is not able to do that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-14T14:25:45+00:00

    Yet another day where I get to update apps on my Android phone. Except that is, the Outlook for Android app. No recent updates means no fix for this problem.

    I am stuck at version 4.2307.4. This is the most recent version that does not - at least for me - exhibit this behavior where syncing to the Android calendar is disabled without user intervention.

    I am very thankful I do not have to use Outlook for Android for most of my email. However, my employer makes this app the only means by which I can get work-related email and access to my work calendar from my phone. And this syncing problem means I cannot reliably view my work calendar with the calendars for the rest of my life.

    My experience with Microsoft's competitors is far, far better. I use AquaMail for my email. Its feature set is far superior to Outlook for Android. HTML signatures, unique signatures for every account and email alias, flawless synchronization. . . an overall superior UX with much, much better customer support.

    My calendar solution is Calengoo, which I find has the best notification management of any calendar app running on Android. Again, great customer service, especially compared to Microsoft.

    What I wouldn't give to not have to use Outlook for Android.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T09:55:32+00:00

    Same thing happening to me! I have to do it manually and in less than 24 hours the synchronization is disabled again. It is very annoying and it started only a couple of weeks ago, so I am assuming it has something to do with an update. It would be great that Microsoft team fix it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-12T09:02:14+00:00

    Same issue her, no sync working any more.

    Earlier I could go into settings, and re-activate the sync, this do not work any more (the lever can not be switched on).

    Brgds.

    Geir

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments