We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-07T05:20:36+00:00

    Download and use TOR browser. Worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-07T12:03:45+00:00

    Hi Jesus,

    If your problem is the same as what I had, the verification code is not send to your phone, because the account was locked by Microsoft, you can not unlock it by yourself. I had to fill in the Account reinstatement form and between 24 - 72 hours it was processed by Microsoft and unlocked again and I could receive the verification code.

    I used this URL (https://microsoft.com/nl-nl/concern/accountreinstatement), but as you can see it's for The Netherlands. In which country are you in? You might need to change the URL to your country, for example to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/accountreinstatement for US.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-12T07:43:24+00:00

    Filled in the form for Belgium, but after a week still no answer. Submitted a second ticket today, but without much hope. This is beyond frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-15T06:31:30+00:00

    For those with the same problem: I got access again (no thanks to Microsoft support ...) by downloading OneDrive for desktop, clicking "forget password", sending a text to my recovery number (this one got send without problems) and changing my password. Now I can log in with my new password the normal way. Currently in the process of moving everything away from Microsoft and I recommend everyone to do the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-16T11:35:13+00:00

    did not work for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments