We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T11:48:24+00:00

    What I did was to use my recovery code (25 alfanumerics caracters) and with this you reset all your security settings. It last 1 month to give access to your account again. I am still waiting for that time to see if it works.

    I suppose that the problem is in accounts with two-steps verification because until I subcribed to this security level it worked well. ( I used google authenticator).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-05-03T17:34:44+00:00

    Dag NielsIO,

    Did you find a solution?

    kinds Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-03T17:48:54+00:00

    Guys, try with TOR Browser. It worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-04T12:17:19+00:00

    Hi,

    Like I suspected, the issue was not locally. Microsoft blocked my account because of login attemps from other places (not me).

    I was able to request to unblock the account via https://microsoft.com/nl-nl/concern/accountreinstatement (if you are not in The Netherlands, check for the country code in the URL). Between 24-72 hours they processed the request and now my account is unlocked again.

    I use my personal account for many years and never had this before. I'm not sure what can be done to prevent this the next time, as it was caused by an external factor.

    Thanks for the help anyway! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-06T21:55:19+00:00

    Hi, I would like to have further assistance with my case.

    My father and I have 3 days trying to log into his account but it is blocked by an unknown reason and we were trying to get back the account or changing the email address of the other devices and accounts, like my Xbox.

    I have tried all my phones to get the password, but it says that that they cannot send a text message to the numbers.

    It would be really helpful if you can give us some advise or assistance, because we were also trying to call an operator but it's impossible.

    Sincerely,

    Jesus Lopez

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments