We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T20:54:34+00:00

    Guys,

    You gonna love me.

    Try 'normal' unlocking steps with TOR browser.

    Worked for me!

    Botond

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T16:16:26+00:00

    Unfortunately I have the same issue as others have reported here as well. My account was locked for unknown reasons and when I want to unlock with phone verification, I get the error message: "Invalid request. Please try again."

    I've read through many of your solutions:

    • Clearing cache
    • Try different browsers or devices
    • Try several phone number formats
    • Try other phone numbers
    • Try a different network and VPN
    • Try to send the code to alternative email --> that works but later I still get the 'phone verification' page again

    Now I've wrote a message to Microsoft via https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/concern/AccountReinstatement#.

    I'm hoping that they can help me, I really need to have my email back.

    If anyone has other ideas to fix this issue, please let me know!

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T16:39:13+00:00

    Try TOR browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T10:52:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the tip. I also tried to unlock with TOR browser, but here I get the same error message as well: "We can not send text message to this number".

    As described in my last post above, I tried many things locally (different network, devices, browsers, phone numbers, phone number formats, etc.) to try and receive the security code, but nothing works.

    I'm thinking the issue might not be locally, but more on account level. I need to get in contact with Microsoft somehow, so they can check this possible issue.

    However, I can't find anywhere how to get in contact with them, as they only seem to provide this selfservice QA environment, where my specific issue is not listed.

    Who can help me? I really need to have my email back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T11:04:42+00:00

    Hi, Niels

    I am just a normal user, do not have any IT qualification.

    TOR worked for me, seems that there is no general recipe for success, different solutions work for everyone.

    BTI

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments