We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-01T03:21:03+00:00

    if you are having this problem with your microsoft hotmail, live or outlook account on your PC suspending your account because you replied to a message that microsoft identified as spam even though it wasn't spam & it asking you to verify your phone number & then it tells you that number can not be contacted.

    this is what I did on my windows 10 PC.

    clear your cache

    log-in to outlook.com

    when it asks you to verify through an email address look to the bottom of the window, chose Sign in using a different method, chose send test message to ####
    add the 4 numbers, you'll get a code.

    hope this helps.
    i had to read 1,500 messages on this site which were all 100% unhelpful, especially the one from Janbaz Salehi who told me to log into the account that "i was locked out of" & told to ad my phone number "to the account that I could not log into"

    not very forward thinking Mr. Janbaz Salehi

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-02T15:30:13+00:00

    thank you. your solution worked.

    I solved my problem by similar way. I tried to logon to my account by using my Samsung phone's browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-03-03T17:10:18+00:00

    I had tried all the mentioned methods but still facing the same issue. Is there some other way to solve this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T02:44:44+00:00

    I tried multiple phone numbers and clearing my browser cache (Chrome and Firefox) but with no success then thought I would give Edge ago and it managed to send the text message first time.

    It might not work for everyone but it worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-10T22:11:11+00:00

    Thank you!! This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments