We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-03T17:34:44+00:00

    Dag NielsIO,

    Did you find a solution?

    kinds Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T11:48:24+00:00

    What I did was to use my recovery code (25 alfanumerics caracters) and with this you reset all your security settings. It last 1 month to give access to your account again. I am still waiting for that time to see if it works.

    I suppose that the problem is in accounts with two-steps verification because until I subcribed to this security level it worked well. ( I used google authenticator).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T11:04:42+00:00

    Hi, Niels

    I am just a normal user, do not have any IT qualification.

    TOR worked for me, seems that there is no general recipe for success, different solutions work for everyone.

    BTI

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T10:52:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the tip. I also tried to unlock with TOR browser, but here I get the same error message as well: "We can not send text message to this number".

    As described in my last post above, I tried many things locally (different network, devices, browsers, phone numbers, phone number formats, etc.) to try and receive the security code, but nothing works.

    I'm thinking the issue might not be locally, but more on account level. I need to get in contact with Microsoft somehow, so they can check this possible issue.

    However, I can't find anywhere how to get in contact with them, as they only seem to provide this selfservice QA environment, where my specific issue is not listed.

    Who can help me? I really need to have my email back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-27T16:39:13+00:00

    Try TOR browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments