We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-20T20:21:02+00:00

    I found the solution on a different thread - try using a different browser or clearing the cache.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T07:56:45+00:00

    Hello J! My name is Janbaz, and I am an Independent Advisor.

    I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem, and I hope I can assist you to find a satisfactory solution.

    Confirm that the phone number is formatted correctly, including the area code and country code. The message could be unable to be sent by Outlook if the phone number is not in the proper format.

    It's possible that certain email addresses aren't configured to send texts. If this functionality is available and whether you need to enable it, ask your email provider.

    If you are having trouble sending text messages from Outlook, there can be a short-term problem with the email server. Retry after waiting for a while.

    Please check the below article related to your issue:

    1. Update your mobile device to receive an SMS verification code for your Microsoft account

    Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...

    I would advise waiting 24 hours before trying again if you receive a notification stating that you have made too many tries. Additionally, try switching your web browser.

    This could happen after too many failed attempts; Microsoft is definitely restricting your IP address or device (or both). You must utilize a totally different device, such as a phone or laptop.

    Now all you need to do is follow the same steps to unblock your account after giving some amount of time to your account and everything will be up and running.

    Complete the form below for Microsoft to review the reason your account was disabled.

    Microsoft-Services Account Reset

    Please let me know if this doesn't work or if you need further assistance.

    Disclaimer: This is a public user-to-user community forum. None of us here work for Microsoft and it is beyond our capability to assist directly with the account or login-related issues.

    Warm Regards,

    Janbaz

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments