We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-03T04:47:56+00:00

    I have faced the issue, and it was due to my wifi network, maybe somehow network was blocked to add phone number. When I switched to different network it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-27T16:31:05+00:00

    Tried all of the solutions mentioned here, nothing worked.

    Worked only when used a friend's phone number from a different country!! He was able to get the SMS

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-22T12:37:22+00:00

    Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

    pls i dont understand this outlook it is not opening and it is giving me headache

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-05-18T10:40:21+00:00

    It worked!! This method reset all my security adjustments and I recieved the text mesagge. The problem, I think, is when you activate the two-steps verification.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments