We cannot send a text message to this number.

Anonymous
2023-02-16T07:20:08+00:00

Actually, if I try to login into my Microsoft account it say's your account is suspended. If try to login it asks mobile number for verification I tried to give the mobile number. But it is not sending any verification code. Rather it is giving an error message "We cannot send a text message to this number."

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-04T12:17:19+00:00

    Hi,

    Like I suspected, the issue was not locally. Microsoft blocked my account because of login attemps from other places (not me).

    I was able to request to unblock the account via https://microsoft.com/nl-nl/concern/accountreinstatement (if you are not in The Netherlands, check for the country code in the URL). Between 24-72 hours they processed the request and now my account is unlocked again.

    I use my personal account for many years and never had this before. I'm not sure what can be done to prevent this the next time, as it was caused by an external factor.

    Thanks for the help anyway! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-04-28T10:52:34+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for the tip. I also tried to unlock with TOR browser, but here I get the same error message as well: "We can not send text message to this number".

    As described in my last post above, I tried many things locally (different network, devices, browsers, phone numbers, phone number formats, etc.) to try and receive the security code, but nothing works.

    I'm thinking the issue might not be locally, but more on account level. I need to get in contact with Microsoft somehow, so they can check this possible issue.

    However, I can't find anywhere how to get in contact with them, as they only seem to provide this selfservice QA environment, where my specific issue is not listed.

    Who can help me? I really need to have my email back!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-04-26T20:54:34+00:00

    Guys,

    You gonna love me.

    Try 'normal' unlocking steps with TOR browser.

    Worked for me!

    Botond

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-03-10T22:11:11+00:00

    Thank you!! This worked for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-07T02:44:44+00:00

    I tried multiple phone numbers and clearing my browser cache (Chrome and Firefox) but with no success then thought I would give Edge ago and it managed to send the text message first time.

    It might not work for everyone but it worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments