The dreaded 0x800CCC0F sending error

Anonymous
2022-07-21T19:36:33+00:00

I am now running Microsoft® Outlook® 2016 MSO (Version 2206 Build 16.0.15330.20260) 64-bit, on Windows 8.1; I had been running the 32-bit version, but I upgraded to 64-bit in an attempt to resolve this error on sending: "Task '[email account] - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted....' "

My Outlook is configured for two IMAP accounts, both with Google - one is a GMail account, the other is Google Workspace account that services email for my domain (59plymouth.net). Outlook is also configured for a work Exchange account.

A few weeks ago - not sure, but I think after a reboot, and when Windows updates were applied - both IMAP accounts stopped sending. The Exchange account continues to work without issue.

The updates were July updates - 5015874, 50156268, and 50154633. Suspecting these, I backed them out and disabled updates. No luck. I then did the Outlook 64-bit upgrade. NADA.

I'd suspect Google, but my iPhone continues to work without issue for both accounts; so does my iPad (which also talks to my Exchange account).

I'm not sure where to go from here. And ideas about how to further diagnose?

adTHANKSvance,

Dan

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T21:17:17+00:00

    ...and this is disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-24T21:26:44+00:00

    As for as a Yahoo account goes, it absolutely requires an <App Password> - there are no exceptions to that.

    As for everything else, I have Yahoo and GMail accounts connected without any issues using multiple instances of Outlook (different test systems) but those are only Win 10 / 11 at this point so not able to test anything

    Logically, that would leave something related to the Win 8.1 system but good luck on getting any support for that at this point even though support for 8.1 ends Jan '2023

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-25T12:30:53+00:00

    I know that W11 is in my future; so perhaps I will bite the bullet and upgrade, and try to deal with this issue then (if it still IS an issue). It's almost become an academic exercise, and I'm no academician.

    I'll be back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-25T15:28:59+00:00

    >>

    I'll be back.

    <<

    And I'll be here <g>

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-08-04T03:21:15+00:00

    OK, I'm back.

    I've got a new computer, running Windows 11. I've installed Office 2016 Pro Plus on it - which, according to this article, natively supports 2SV without requiring an App PW (if not a volume 2016 license, and mine is not). I've got 2SV enabled on Google, and I deleted my profile in Outlook and created a new one, configuring my work Exchange account in the process. I then attempted to add my Google Workspace Account to the profile; it successfully sent an automated test email. I followed this with my own test email to the same account, with only "test" in the subject line, and the body. It was successful. I then attempted to send an email with three attachments (a Word doc and two spreads, all fairly small), and I got the dreaded 0x800CCC0F sending error. This, following a login into gmail, and a clearing of the trash folder.

    Outlook used to work so reliably; I'm sorta at my wits end here. What can be done, to diagnose who's not happy with what? My assumption is that the systems I'm working with are deterministic 8^\

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments