The dreaded 0x800CCC0F sending error

Anonymous
2022-07-21T19:36:33+00:00

I am now running Microsoft® Outlook® 2016 MSO (Version 2206 Build 16.0.15330.20260) 64-bit, on Windows 8.1; I had been running the 32-bit version, but I upgraded to 64-bit in an attempt to resolve this error on sending: "Task '[email account] - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F): 'The connection to the server was interrupted....' "

My Outlook is configured for two IMAP accounts, both with Google - one is a GMail account, the other is Google Workspace account that services email for my domain (59plymouth.net). Outlook is also configured for a work Exchange account.

A few weeks ago - not sure, but I think after a reboot, and when Windows updates were applied - both IMAP accounts stopped sending. The Exchange account continues to work without issue.

The updates were July updates - 5015874, 50156268, and 50154633. Suspecting these, I backed them out and disabled updates. No luck. I then did the Outlook 64-bit upgrade. NADA.

I'd suspect Google, but my iPhone continues to work without issue for both accounts; so does my iPad (which also talks to my Exchange account).

I'm not sure where to go from here. And ideas about how to further diagnose?

adTHANKSvance,

Dan

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T20:02:49+00:00

    OK, I did that, but still no love. I'm able to receive, but still not send, from either my GWA or my GMail account.

    Oddly, when I reconfigure, Outlook sends a test message to the server, which comes back successfully.

    Also oddly: I don't have this issue with using the native email client on either my iPhone or my iPad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T19:32:07+00:00

    Look forward to hearing the results of your chat session

    In the meantime, for a quick test to eliminate anything to do with the Outlook profile, can you create a new Outlook profile and configure the accounts using the <App Password> as the email account password


    a) - With Outlook closed open the Control Panel <Mail> app

    Just in case you need info regarding how to access the Control Panel Mail app, that's described in the following article by Outlook MVP Diane Poremsky

    Where is the Control Panel Mail icon?

    https://www.slipstick.com/how-to-outlook/where-...

    If using Windows 11

    How to Open Control Panel in Windows 11

    https://www.lifewire.com/open-control-panel-in-...

    b) - Select <Show Profile> --> <Add> --> give the new profile a name (no need to remove the existing Outlook profile)

    c) - Configure your email account(s)

    *** if you want to configure the accounts as IMAP accounts, you should just need to enter the email address and <App Password> as the account password and Outlook will automatically configure the account using IMAP

    d) - Set the newly created Outlook profile as the default for the next time Outlook is opened otherwise it'll use the old profile


    Required Forum Disclaimer: The above links are non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-07-22T19:26:09+00:00

    Karl, I had to enable 2SV as the Google Workspace Adminstrator - I enabled it, and it appeared. So I set 2SV for both, and I created an App PW for both (each is different). I added them to my Outlook config per your instructions, and I'm attempting to send from each... Still no love.

    I'm in a Chat now with GWA support, will update this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T20:47:42+00:00

    Unfortunately, I can't answer what you're running into on the Google side of things but you may want to try using a private browser session (or a different browser) to see if that changes anything. If not, you'll need to get a hold of Google support

    FWIW - the attached screenshot that I just took before posting this response, shows what I see on my account

    .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-07-21T20:45:29+00:00

    Waydaminit! That's all I saw with my Google Workspace account, for which I am administrator; I have to figure out how to enable 2-Step Verification with that. However, when signed into my GMail account, I *do* see 2-step verification. I'll work on that account first. Stay tuned, and thanks!

    Dan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments