Outlook.com - forwarding emails ... no Save button

Anonymous
2022-10-14T20:40:20+00:00

Trying to forward emails from a hotmail account to another email address.

I know where to configure this - but no Save button appears ?

The Save button appears on my other outlook.com account - including Free Accounts.

Why is this one account behaving differently ?

-M

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-07T12:13:14+00:00

    Just checked. Not fixed for me.

    I had the same issue and for me what worked was adding a mobile number to my account.

    So initially I had the following = The 'Save' button did not show

    • Secondary email

    Then I had the following = The 'Save' button did not show (even though authentication came through via the Auth App instead of email this time)

    • Secondary email
    • Authentication App

    Then finally I had the following = The 'Save' button showed! Yay! And the authentication still came through via the Auth App so nothing actually came through my mobile via text

    • Mobile (text a code)
    • Authentication App

    I tried to follow these instructions and changed some of my security settings. Adding a mobile number, changing login mehtods and 2FA. Didn't appear to work immediately so removed the phone number.

    Logged into my live.co.uk email account today and the save button has magically appeared so whatever I tinkered with worked and I can now save a change to forwarding address.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-01-10T13:52:12+00:00

    Not working for me as well

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-11T17:34:31+00:00

    Fixed!! I agree with Wessso. Once I went through my account settings and added my phone number to my Outlook profile, verified the security code Microsoft texted to me.

    After the number was added I went back to Outlook.com, signed out of my account, signed back in and the Save button was there on the forward screen.

    Remember!

    It's okay to be Not Okay.

    WeBearish

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2023-01-31T17:48:34+00:00

    This worked! Microsoft really is grossly incompetent. They can't even make it work with their own browser. Embarrassing. Again. Screw MS!

    I fixed mine and I had the same issue.

    When clicking on settings it will ask you to authenticate.

    If I used my secondary email as my auth method using a code it would not show me the save button. However if I used authenticator app, it then showed me the save button.

    I also had a secondary email address which I was part of my 365 Family package. I removed the alias on my account as being primary for my secondary email account.

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments