Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
try to generate passwords now, mine is back up and running today.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to generate an APP PASSWORD in order to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook. I have found all the instructions online but I do NOT find the said options in my Yahoo email account or in My Microsoft account?
I cannot find any clickable command for "generate app password"...i FIND EVERY OTHER OPTION. But Not app password!!
ANy help much appreciated. I seem to have lost my bellsouth email in my outlook!! what a nightmare!
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
try to generate passwords now, mine is back up and running today.
It worked for me too! Thank you so much for alerting us!
I have noticed that Yahoo now assigns you only one generated app password for all computers you setup. Before it was for every install of Outlook. The app generator should work again if you deleted Outlook as an approved app. You can copy and use your app generated password on another install of Outlook. If not delete Outlook authorization from Yahoo and the app generator should work.
There is a way for you to find the one that has been working for Outlook. Just copy and continue to use it.
OMG How!!?? I have tried everything and I simply cannot generate an app password. Mac user.
Anji
OMG I tried this and now none of my computers running Outlook can access my Yahoo mail. Aghhhh!