HOW TO Generate a YAHOO APP PASSWORD - standard instructions NOT WORKING!!

Anonymous
2022-06-26T18:40:47+00:00

It seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to generate an APP PASSWORD in order to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook. I have found all the instructions online but I do NOT find the said options in my Yahoo email account or in My Microsoft account?

I cannot find any clickable command for "generate app password"...i FIND EVERY OTHER OPTION. But Not app password!!

ANy help much appreciated. I seem to have lost my bellsouth email in my outlook!! what a nightmare!

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-17T14:00:10+00:00

    That is a new development. You are so rude. I posted what works for me, to help others. If it didnt work for you, then that is your situation. it worked for me. You make helping others very unappealing. Who would want to help someone when the reaction is like yours. UGH!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-13T09:46:46+00:00

    Response from Yahoo.....

    Hello,

    Thank you for contacting Yahoo Customer Care

    I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to generate app passwords. 

    We're very sorry app passwords are unavailable for your account. We don't have an exact ETA on when this will return, but we encourage you to check back in the near future. Rest assured, you can still access your mail from the Yahoo Mail app or via a web browser. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

    Should you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.  

    Regards,

    Ronald
    Yahoo Customer Care

    ....but apparently I'm doing it wrong?? Yeah.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T12:54:24+00:00

    What are you talking about? Dont follow the advice to call Yahoo Help???? You are clearly doing something incorrectly. Why dont you call them for help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-10-12T12:19:29+00:00

    DO NOT FOLLOW THIS ADVICE!!

    I did and I have now lost access to my Outlook, so thank you very much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-10-11T04:48:56+00:00

    Its located in Yahoo! account setting, not Yahoo! mail settings. Dumb, I know. It took me forever to find that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments