Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Dear friend,
I did step by step your guide, but with no luck. But I'm going to pay yahoo pro just for one month as you did and I hope they will fix it.
Thank you very much.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
It seems to be IMPOSSIBLE to generate an APP PASSWORD in order to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook. I have found all the instructions online but I do NOT find the said options in my Yahoo email account or in My Microsoft account?
I cannot find any clickable command for "generate app password"...i FIND EVERY OTHER OPTION. But Not app password!!
ANy help much appreciated. I seem to have lost my bellsouth email in my outlook!! what a nightmare!
Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Dear friend,
I did step by step your guide, but with no luck. But I'm going to pay yahoo pro just for one month as you did and I hope they will fix it.
Thank you very much.
I wish I had seen this post before.
I had one computer that still was downloading to outlook with an app password generated about 18 months ago. I was trying to setup a new computer and deleted the existing Outlook Desktop app password from Yahoo security.
Now I have lost the download ability to both the old and new computers and all I get is that this feature is not available.
I agree do not follow this advice - if you have an existing app password, keep it there. At least you might have one outlook that still works.
So completely frustrated right now.
Same here - Outlook for Android worked on my new Surface Pro 7+
Lost one of my Yahoo accounts already on Outlook for Desktop.
Tried all the other methods mentioned by others on this thread. Still cannot generate an app password.
I'm somehow glad to see that I'm not the only one having this issue. I tried everything that's mentioned here. Nothing worked. Only thing I managed to do is to link my yahoo account to Outlook on Android. It doesn't sync to my desktop outlook though...
I also have to say that over the last years yahoo turned more and more into a nightmare when it comes to syncing. Probably the best thing to do is to switch to a different provider. At least I'll do that step by step. The fact that other email accounts are way easier to add to Outlook speaks for itself.