My notes section in outlook has disappeared. How do I get it back?

Anonymous
2023-02-14T08:02:36+00:00

I went into outlook and when I tried to get into the notes section, the section on the toolbar had disappeared.

I keep a lot of important information in that section, how do I get it back.

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T09:01:56+00:00

    Hello

    I have been using the new outlook for over six months .

    The experience has not been a good one. For some reason, you have decided to hide Notes. It is impossible for me to find my notes on the new outlook even after trying all the steps mentioned above. Why is it not available as an app on the left bar? It seems someone in MS has decided to effectively decommission this feature. That is fine, but at least tell us so that we can transfer our information to a more reliable platform.

    Thanks

    Kaveh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T15:59:15+00:00

    Hello Drohl,

    After twenty-two-years of Apple everything and Apple only, we switched back to Windows. Our reasoning is we became fed-up with the Apple products software and hardware inconsistencies and compromises we had to endure between Mac and Windows. Be aware, Apple computers hold about 7%-ish of the Worlds computing market. It did not make any sense banging our heads against the wall attempting to be compatible. Truly, it is not any longer cool being an Apple person living behind their forbidden walled garden. Oh, after eleven years iPhone only, we switched to Samsung. After the first week of Samsung Galaxy we knew we made the correct decision. Our now five-year-old Samsung Note 20 continues to have more business productivity features than the latest iPhone. We often wonder why we did not make this switch long ago; it must have been Apple's Reality Distortion Field.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T17:07:48+00:00

    None of the suggested methods work. There is no "Navigation Pane" option under View. The run command "outlook.exe/resetnavpane" does not work. I am afraid of the consequences of

    repairing Microsoft Office!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-14T17:08:22+00:00

    Hi Rachel I'm AnnaThomas and I'd be happy to help you with your question. In this Forum, we are Microsoft consumers just like yourself. Here are a few things you can try to get the Notes section back in Outlook: Go to the "View" tab in Outlook and click on "Navigation Pane". Make sure that "Notes" is checked. Check if the Notes section is hidden. Go to the "View" tab, click on "Folder Pane", and select "Normal". If the above steps don't work, try resetting the Navigation Pane. Close Outlook, press and hold the "Windows key" + "R", type "outlook.exe /resetnavpane" in the Run box, and then press Enter. If none of the above steps work, try repairing your Outlook installation by going to the "Control Panel", selecting "Programs and Features", right-clicking on Microsoft Office, and selecting "Change". From there, select "Online Repair" and follow the prompts. Hopefully, one of these steps will help you get your Notes section back in Outlook. I hope this helps ;-), let me know if this is contrary to what you need, I would still be helpful to answer more of your questions. Best Regards, AnnaThomas Give back to the community. Help the next person with this problem by indicating whether this answer solved your problem. Click Yes or No at the bottom.

    None of the suggested methods work. There is no "Navigation Pane" option under View. The run command "outlook.exe/resetnavpane" does not work. I am afraid of the consequences of

    repairing Microsoft Office!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T14:58:09+00:00

    This did it! Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments